GER S46 (Claud Hamilton) Class 4-4-0 no. 1885

Claud 1885
GER S46 (Claud Hamilton) Class 4-4-0 no. 1885. Built in the mid 1980’s from scratch by Walter (Wally) West using a John Hart RM (short) type motor no. 1352 and wheels turned from extremely good castings, probably by Alan Harris (AGH). The split axles and insulated spacers between the frames allow power to be collected from the tender wheels, via sprung plungers mounted on the front face of the tender, connecting with contact faces on the back of the loco. All brake blocks are made from non conductive material to eliminate shorting across the brake rigging. All loco driving and tender axles have sprung hornblocks. Superbly painted by Alan Brackenborough in 1986 at a cost of £100, in the GER fully lined passenger livery.